Neighborhood Revitalization Mini Grant Application 2022
The 2022 is as follows:
The Aurora Housing & Redevelopment Authority sponsors a Neighborhood Revitalization Project
targeting residences within the City limits of Aurora. The purpose of the Grant project is to encourage and support resident' efforts to upgrade and improve the exterior of their homes and property.
Residents can apply for a grant of up to $500 from the HRA.
Mini Grant Rules:
1. You must live or own a building within the city limits.
2. You must own your home or have written permission from the owner allowing for improvements.
3. The grant is for EXTERIOR improvements only.
4. By signing the application and receiving grant funds, you agree and consent that the City of Aurora and the Aurora HRA can utilize your name, address, and photos for grant writing, project reports,
and publicity of the program without obtaining separate written permission from you. '
5. By signing the application and receiving grant funds, you agree and acknowledge that the City of Aurora and Aurora HRA are not responsible or liable for any property damage or personal injuries related to or arising from any work on your improvement project.
6. The maximum grant request is $500. Smaller amounts can be requested.
7. The grant program is available only while funds are available.
8. Aurora HRA retains the right to deny or reject any application with or without cause.
9. There will be no reimbursement or payments made for repair work or improvements performed or completed prior to action on your grant application. All applicants must pay for their project work and submit dated receipts for reimbursements.
10. Grants will be distributed on a first come, first served basis.
11. If proposed improvements require approval and a permit from the City's Planning and Zoning
Committee, you must apply for the permit ($20 cost) before receiving a grant.
12. You must be up to date in payments for city utility bills, real estate taxes, and mortgage payments.
13. Preference will be given to new applicants and households with income below $50,000.
Mini Grant Application Process:
1. Submit a photo ( electronic or hard copy) of the disrepair you plan to improve along with the
Neighborhood Revitalization Grant application to the Aurora HRA. The application and photos can be hand delivered to Aurora City Hall, mailed to Aurora HRA, P. 0. Box 165, Aurora MN 55705 or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline for application: May 13, 2022
2. After approval from the HRA, you will pay for and complete approved repairs within 60 days. If
delays arise, please keep in contact with the Coordinator.
3. Following completion of the approved repairs, you will submit an "after" photo of the project along with dated receipts for reimbursement.
Please contact the HRA if you have questions: Mary Mulari, HRA Chair & Program Coordinator 218.229.2804